Zach Turi
Mrs. Wilhelmus
AP English 11
1 August 2013
Prompt
4
In the
“Kant” chapter of Sophie's World, Alberto Knox has Sophie
Preform the “Red-tinted glass “ experiment. The point of this
simple experiment was to try to make it easier for Sophie to grasp
the teachings of Immanuel Kant. Kant taught that everyone sees and
perceives the world in a different way. Although explaining his
teachings he did not work for Sophie the “red-tinted glass
experiment worked wonders. After looking at the world through red
glasses Sophie realized that if there is something different within
every humans mind that forces them to see the world in a different
light or way, then nobody’s perspective is wrong.
Although
many other chapters had a stronger impact on me, this chapter really
changed the way I think. After reading about the “red-tinted
glasses” experiment, I realized that Kant was more than correct.
In saying that everyone sees the world differently he was right.
Many people today judge others for their outlooks and perspectives,
but we shouldn’t. Everyone is different therefore they see things
differently. All in all, I have come to realize that I have no right
to tell anyone that the way they think is right or wrong.
Reading
the question “What can we know about the world?”, really gets my
mind turning. I think that there are infinite amounts of things to
know about the world and we only know as much as we allow ourselves
to know. If we want to be close minded and know just a small amount
about the world than we can easily let our mind do that. On the
other hand, if we want to let our mind wander in all different
directions of the world than we can without a doubt, make that
happen. Throughout my life, I have always believed in everything the
bible states and in saying that I believe that everything in the
world, including how it was made has to do with God. That is my
choice to let my mind know or believe that.
No comments:
Post a Comment